-

Originally Posted by
krishna.murphy
Did you just boot a CD/DVD, do an install to hd or flash, or are you using the "poor mans install?" If you have a "persistent store" (or full hd install) then whatever changes you've made (Polish keyboard?) most likely are causing the trouble. If not, it's got to be a hardware issue or a bad disk, I guess.
My suggestion, absent more information about the specifics, would be to boot a CD and see if the problem is solved. Assuming that's so, then you have some kind of persistence; so, you can either try to repair by changing the things you've been working with back to the default or (best looking to me) just dump the persistent store and then start over, making the changes you need step-by-step, monitoring for the problem you've been having as you go. You will, of course, want to preserve any files you created for future reference/use to create the system you desire and keep any documents, etc. that are stored within the permanent store.
Cheers!
Krishna

p.s. You can also try disabling Compiz (the fancy desktop effects package) by using the cheatcode:
for diagnostic and/or further use purposes.
I started just my sys by full HD install. No polish keyboad (I didn't knew it exists 2 month ago .
then I've lost DVD access, permissions and so on, by clicking or loading some keyboard shortcut, don't know which. Compiz doesn't load automatically, but every time I put something from my Cell phone on the dekstop something changes and I see miniatures
I see more like variable desktop icon positions I can change and it;s good, but when I unplug my USB, everything changes back 
How could I lost my permissions when I didn't had them at the begginning?
My disc is good, I've checked him.
Anyway, I can't start over, cause I watch movies ad I have no other external to collect and store them. I use Knoppix since 2 months and the problems started in the first 2 weeks ...
I assume I used some keystroke with Shift or Fn on my laptop, so I lost my provileges.
Every time I go inside into "Skin Selector", I see an error, that Gnome can't be run? Anyway, the skin shows. The skins have folders like Metacity and Gnome, but there is no KDE. I don't know that much what it is, what it does and what happened.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80

Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL 14” Core i7-1165G7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Touch
$379.00

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14.0" 16GB 512GB, BLACK
$285.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50