-
Mounting partitions on a debian-installer ISO booted via grub2 copied to tmpfs
Hello,
I am trying to install Debian using Netinstall ISO(Similar to Ubuntu Alternate CD) by booting from GRUB2 of My Lucid Ubuntu already in the System.
I use below menuentry to boot debian-netinst-iso(Which is in /dev/sdb7/debian -directory),by adding these lines to /etc/grub.d/40_custom and "sudo update-grub":
Code:
menuentry "Debian ISO on /dev/sdb7" {
insmod ext2
set root=(hd0,7)
loopback loop /debian/debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso
linux (loop)/install.amd/vmlinuz boot=install.amd iso-scan/filename=/debian/debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso noeject noprompt
initrd (loop)/install.amd/initrd.gz
}
The debian ISO Boots Directly triggering debian-installer-Which asks for where to search for "CD" containing debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso .This is where the Problem Starts.
I installed Ubuntu Earlier by Symlinking the Ubuntu ISO to CDROM device file /dev/sr0 and install went Fine.
--
But ,with Debian ISO Booted as Live CD,I cannot Mount Hard Disk Partition(/dev/sdb7) which contains the "debian-testing-netinst-amd64.iso" image.
If I try to Mount ,it Errors Out :
Code:
mount:mounting /dev/sdb7 on /debian failed: No such device
But ,If I search /proc/partitions, I can see hard disk partitions.
AND:
the Debian Live CD is operating from tmpfs completely.If I try "df -H" ,It shows tmpfs as mounted.
How Can I mount the hadr disk partitions When the Livecd is booting from tmpfs(ramdisk)?
OR ,Is there a way,I can copy debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso Which is ~160MB only to RAM ?
Thanks
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99