-
Mea coulpa
At the risk of being beaten up for this post i will forge ahead nonetheless. I use(d) windows xp and had a total crash today such that my computer would not reboot. I was getting a message that the config\system was corrupted. MS obviously is used to this and has detailed instructions for correcting the problem. Unfortunately their fix does not work for me at all. There are deeper issues obviously than the straight up fix. I have searched extensively for solutions to my "access denied" issues (amongst others) and amongst the possible ways to correct it was a link to Knoppix. I have downloaded the CD format and with a great sigh of relief it worked and I now seem to have access to my previously blocked out computer. Thank you Knoppix! My question/issue is: Does Knoppix have a way/tool that i can rebuild my window corrupted configuration/boot files? Is there a way to use my Knoppix access to execute on the c drive the windows correction procedure? Any other thoughts. I consider myself an advanced end user but i'm no programmer, nor do i know a whole lot about working with system stuctures. Mind u i once did but by the same token I remember a friend paying $400 for a calculator that not only added and subtracted it also did division and multiplication too! : ) Any help at all will be greatfully appreciated. Chris
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$229.95

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08