-

Originally Posted by
PattiMichell
"it's designed to run without passwords" - right, but the problem is more complicated than that, for instance, if you use the menu system to start the "Users and Groups" applet, it won't let you change anything. So I edited the menu entry to put "sudo" in front of the command line for the applet and it works fine. But these menu changes don't persist, so I guess I need to use that persistence file? Since it's installed on an 8GB SD drive, and it claims there is 4 Gig left, how big should I make the persistence file? I guess since Knoppix uses FAT32 - the biggest I can make it is ~2GB...
I think that's probably FAT-Ex, M$oft's newer offering (which apparently has been adopted by flash device makers.) There seems to be no FS-related difficulty with large files on my 8GB USB-stick, but I used 2GB for that persistent store anyway, to leave room for both the 4GB KNOPPIX file/folder and some (Windows-accessible) unused FAT space. Knoppix itself can be installed on many if not most FSs, FWIW.
Cheers again!
Krishna
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00

Firewalla Gold Plus: (2.5 Gbps) Cyber Security Firewall
$550.00

HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD
$199.95

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$199.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware
$89.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00