Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How can I launch drive defragmentation and error application?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    35

    Wink How can I launch drive defragmentation and error application?

    I have an internal laptop HD I'd like to check and defragment. How can I achieve it? I use only stable 6.2 version and the disc is making some weird "pyk noise".

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    198
    And what file system are you using on this drive ?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by mecho View Post
    And what file system are you using on this drive ?
    My drive uses reiserfs file system on this drive. The drive is less than 40GB.
    Last edited by GizmoPlushie; 05-26-2010 at 09:54 AM. Reason: mistake

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    198
    For what I know reiserfs is the only file system which does not need defragmenting. May be I am wrong.I will have to make some research on this

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    35
    Maybe you're right with that. I'll check it. I've heard sadly reiserfs isn't exploited more, because the creator Klaus Resier killed his wife - sadly but true as I heard correctly

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


LOT 37pcs MIXED VINTAGE HP DOT MATRIX, SPIDER LEADS IC GOLD LEGS, ETC, UNTESTED, picture

LOT 37pcs MIXED VINTAGE HP DOT MATRIX, SPIDER LEADS IC GOLD LEGS, ETC, UNTESTED,

$100.00



🔥 Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS � picture

🔥 Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS �

$309.00



Vintage 486 VLB Motherboard Combo AMD Am486 DX4-120 SiS 85C471 AMI BIOS SIMM  picture

Vintage 486 VLB Motherboard Combo AMD Am486 DX4-120 SiS 85C471 AMI BIOS SIMM

$149.00



Vintage 1980s PC XT Clone Motherboard 8088 CPU 8-Bit ISA Slots Untested picture

Vintage 1980s PC XT Clone Motherboard 8088 CPU 8-Bit ISA Slots Untested

$69.77



Vintage Addison KB-7001 Ergonomic Mechanical Keyboard - Alps White Switches picture

Vintage Addison KB-7001 Ergonomic Mechanical Keyboard - Alps White Switches

$80.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



6 Vintage 1999 Apple iMac  Mouse G3 Promotional Sales Brochure Booklets 3x5 4x6 picture

6 Vintage 1999 Apple iMac Mouse G3 Promotional Sales Brochure Booklets 3x5 4x6

$35.00



Vintage Sleeper Soyo Dragon ATX Mid Tower Case & PSU & Peripherals New Old Stock picture

Vintage Sleeper Soyo Dragon ATX Mid Tower Case & PSU & Peripherals New Old Stock

$199.99



Vintage Intel iPDS-100  Personal Development System picture

Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System

$1499.99



AHANIX Platinum XP ATX PC Tower Case LCD Thermometer Vintage Retro Black/Silver picture

AHANIX Platinum XP ATX PC Tower Case LCD Thermometer Vintage Retro Black/Silver

$109.99