Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How can I launch drive defragmentation and error application?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    35

    Wink How can I launch drive defragmentation and error application?

    I have an internal laptop HD I'd like to check and defragment. How can I achieve it? I use only stable 6.2 version and the disc is making some weird "pyk noise".

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    198
    And what file system are you using on this drive ?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by mecho View Post
    And what file system are you using on this drive ?
    My drive uses reiserfs file system on this drive. The drive is less than 40GB.
    Last edited by GizmoPlushie; 05-26-2010 at 09:54 AM. Reason: mistake

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    198
    For what I know reiserfs is the only file system which does not need defragmenting. May be I am wrong.I will have to make some research on this

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    35
    Maybe you're right with that. I'll check it. I've heard sadly reiserfs isn't exploited more, because the creator Klaus Resier killed his wife - sadly but true as I heard correctly

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More

$300.00



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A

$150.00



Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



5x Vintage Apple Macintosh II NuBus Cards 630-4179 NI GPIB DIO Asante Ethernet picture

5x Vintage Apple Macintosh II NuBus Cards 630-4179 NI GPIB DIO Asante Ethernet

$239.95



Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus picture

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus

$64.95



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99



Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage picture

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage

$99.00