-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: saving settings on floppy disk

Originally Posted by
tyiooo
When I try to save my configuration on a floppy disk everything is ok (the empty floppy disk is ext2 formatted), all the necessary files have been saved. But when I try to boot with "knoppix myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy" I get an error message telling me knoppix is that /dev is a directory... I tried several times using myconfig=scan , with different floppy disks but I still can't boot with my settings saved... Why is that?
I have the exact same problem on Knoppix v3.2-2003-05-20.
I saved the config files on both a DOS and ext2 floppy. Both config files were there, but I always got the "/dev is a directory" error.
I'm downloading V3.2-2003-06-06 as I type this. Maybe that will help. If so, I'll post back...
-jb
Similar Threads
-
By kepler in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-05-2004, 10:29 AM
-
By Leslie Simon in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 01:38 PM
-
By true1ever in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-13-2003, 02:27 PM
-
By broy in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-17-2003, 08:41 PM
-
By zerveza in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-09-2003, 05:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$81.99

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00

ASUS Motherboard PRIME B250M-C Intel G4560+ LGA 1151 DDR4 mATX + Fan +I/O Shield
$49.95

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99