UPDATE:
When I right click on misspelled word-iceweasel gives a suggestion in the right click menu. I wonder why it is not underlining the misspelled words. I have no way of knowing which of the words are misspelled
UPDATE:
When I right click on misspelled word-iceweasel gives a suggestion in the right click menu. I wonder why it is not underlining the misspelled words. I have no way of knowing which of the words are misspelled
The solution in my case was a missing key in about:config. It is supposed to be there by default, but it is not. Not even after updating iceweasel to 3.6.4. Anyway the solution is:
Open about:config and search for ui.SpellCheckerUnderlineStyle
If it's there you are fine and you can just check the underline style options. If it's not there - create new integer give it the name ui.SpellCheckerUnderlineStyle and the velues are:
0 = no underlining
1 = dotted line
2 = long dots
3 = single straight line
4 = double underline
The change takes effect immediately
Hope this was helpful
Open ~/.mozila and navigate to your account. With me it is /home/knoppix/.mozilla/firefox/knoppix
All custom preferences are stored in prefs.js
Find the line with the misspelled key and just delete it. You must do this with ICEWEASEL CLOSED. Otherwise changes won't take effect and the key will just be recreated.
You can edit all keys right in prefs.js with browser closed
Better use copy and paste when you create a key. No chance of misspelled words.
Just to clarify the issue - the default setting for firefox spell checker is the curvy line which is ui.SpellCheckerUnderlineStyle value=5
But iceweasel can not display the curvy line for some reason, at least on my instalation. The key ui.SpellCheckerUnderlineStyle is not in prefs.js, because value 5 is applied by default. So I had to insert the key in order to change the underlining and have it working with values 1 to 4 which are displayed properly.
I wrote to you how to get rid of it in my previous messages. Just scroll up![]()

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$1090.00
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00
External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00