Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Remastering: removing VirtualBox

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1

    Remastering: removing VirtualBox

    I am remastering Knoppix and I want to remove all unnecessary packages. Problem is that, when I removing virtualbox-ose package using dpkg from chroot environment, it fails, because script cannot stop vbox kernel module, or smth like this. Of cource, it cannot, because my kernel does not contain this module, it is in Knoppix kernel, I think.
    Does anybody know, how can I remove vbox module from Knoppix kernel and cheat removing script? Or, may be, there is another way to remove Virtual Box from Knoppix CD?

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
    I am remastering Knoppix and I want to remove all unnecessary packages. Problem is that, when I removing virtualbox-ose package using dpkg from chroot environment, it fails, because script cannot stop vbox kernel module, or smth like this. Of cource, it cannot, because my kernel does not contain this module, it is in Knoppix kernel, I think.
    Does anybody know, how can I remove vbox module from Knoppix kernel and cheat removing script? Or, may be, there is another way to remove Virtual Box from Knoppix CD?
    Perhaps it would have been best to remove that package first, before modifying the kernel. Probably the fastest way to do this would be to use "insmod" to put that module back in, then remove the package as you described, and then remove the kernel module again. You could also use the original kernel module to do that work (and any other removals), then switch back to your customized kernel again before you finalize your re-mastered system.

    Cheers!
    Krishna

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...

$749.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1165G7 2.80GHz 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11

$284.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$398.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...

$379.99



LENOVO THINKPAD P15S GEN 2i  CORE I7-1185G7 2.8GHZ 32GB 512GB NVIDIA T500 W11 picture

LENOVO THINKPAD P15S GEN 2i CORE I7-1185G7 2.8GHZ 32GB 512GB NVIDIA T500 W11

$300.00



LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i  CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD picture

LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD

$235.00



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good

$261.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ideapad 110-15ACL 15.6 HD 2.0 GHz A6-7310 APU 8GB 500GB HDD picture

Lenovo ideapad 110-15ACL 15.6 HD 2.0 GHz A6-7310 APU 8GB 500GB HDD

$99.99