Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Remastering: removing VirtualBox

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1

    Remastering: removing VirtualBox

    I am remastering Knoppix and I want to remove all unnecessary packages. Problem is that, when I removing virtualbox-ose package using dpkg from chroot environment, it fails, because script cannot stop vbox kernel module, or smth like this. Of cource, it cannot, because my kernel does not contain this module, it is in Knoppix kernel, I think.
    Does anybody know, how can I remove vbox module from Knoppix kernel and cheat removing script? Or, may be, there is another way to remove Virtual Box from Knoppix CD?

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
    I am remastering Knoppix and I want to remove all unnecessary packages. Problem is that, when I removing virtualbox-ose package using dpkg from chroot environment, it fails, because script cannot stop vbox kernel module, or smth like this. Of cource, it cannot, because my kernel does not contain this module, it is in Knoppix kernel, I think.
    Does anybody know, how can I remove vbox module from Knoppix kernel and cheat removing script? Or, may be, there is another way to remove Virtual Box from Knoppix CD?
    Perhaps it would have been best to remove that package first, before modifying the kernel. Probably the fastest way to do this would be to use "insmod" to put that module back in, then remove the package as you described, and then remove the kernel module again. You could also use the original kernel module to do that work (and any other removals), then switch back to your customized kernel again before you finalize your re-mastered system.

    Cheers!
    Krishna

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



*BENT PINS* ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi LGA 1700 ATX Intel Motherboard picture

*BENT PINS* ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi LGA 1700 ATX Intel Motherboard

$37.98



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard picture

MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard

$163.49



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS H110I-PLUS Motherboard LGA1151 w/ I5-7400 CPU, 8GB, Heatsink & I/O Shield picture

ASUS H110I-PLUS Motherboard LGA1151 w/ I5-7400 CPU, 8GB, Heatsink & I/O Shield

$60.00



MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard picture

MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard

$59.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW

$121.45