-
Senior Member
registered user
I really appreciate that you share this! 
The first rule about remastering is, don't do it. But it's not the last rule...
I would like to postulate a few more good (IMHO) reasons for remastering, I fully agree with yours.
3. Bloat. The DVD contains gigabytes (uncompressed) of programs we will probably never run. While some essentials (every man his own!) are missing.
4. Bugfixes made permanent, moved from "user space".
5. Extra package install/updating made more systematic.
6. Smaller total system footprint. Will always be relevant, if not so important economically as storage gets cheaper.
7. Possible to make several cloop images. Could be useful for things like heavy development tools.
8. Could even try other approaches than through cloop.
I imagine that a good way of doing the full KNOPPIX upgrade, would be to copy the newly made compressed image to, for example, an external USB HD, and do the "field testing" on that. Speaking for myself, I'm pretty sure I would want to make quite a few adjustments.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99