Quote Originally Posted by kl522 View Post
However there is another subtle need to have minirt.gz supporting ext4, ie when the persistent store itself is a file sitting on an ext4 filesystem. Right now this configuration is not supported, one cannot have a poor-man install on an ext4 file system.
That is a rather serious limitation for me. The hardware and file system agnosticism of Knoppix is one of the great advantages, making many system details mostly an efficiency issue.

And the need for efficient 100+ GB volumes is clear - for many, if not most, users.

Would it really be enough to tweak minirt.gz for Knoppix - because support is integrated otherwise?

I have a couple more questions. First, I noticed that the ISO9660 standard was frequently violated when creating the iso file system. Some file names got changed too - what is the expected effect of this? Anything to do about it?

Second, I come back to the cloop issue. Is there anything new on this front? Seems to me that for our special purpose, we don't need the particular features of cloop (being file system agnostic maybe the most important contrast to squashfs, which is a file system?). I am going to make some comments on this in the squashfs thread.