Hello,
I have a PCMCIA network card (Cabletron RoamAbout 802.11 DS) and it only works with the PCMCIA module provided by the pcmcia-cs package. My computer freezes with the pcmcia_core module provided by the kernel. I think Knoppix uses the kernel module because my computer freezes with Knoppix (though it works with nopcmcia option).
I'd like to know why the kernel module is used instead of the pcmcia-cs module and how I can make a substitution.
You never know when your HD will stop working.

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00
Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00
Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
256k VRAM Vintage Apple Macintosh 670-0269 works with 630-0044 80ns QTY: 2
$76.20
PowerBook Duo 210 vintage laptop
$120.00
11 Vintage Apple 3.5" Floppy Disc Label
$10.00
Vintage 1984 Apple Macintosh MacWrite & MacPaint Boxed Set - Near Complete
$125.00
VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh M1212 Color Display Monitor *Untested*
$69.99