I might be wrong but when I check the file 'init' inside minirt.gz and /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig, I could not find any code which make use of the parameter ramdisk_size=100000, meaning whatever figure you put in there, it is not used. However, I do find a line inside 'init' which hardcoded the size of ramdisk to be 1G :-
# mount additional ramdisk for overlay
mount -t tmpfs -o size=1G,dev,suid,exec tmpfs /ramdisk
Does it have any impact if one were to have bigger compressed image ?
( I am talking about K6.2. Not sure about K6.2.1 or K6.3. )
Regards.
Last edited by kl522; 06-03-2010 at 02:20 AM.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$378.00
16GB Total of SK hynix PC3L-12800S 2 sticks of 8GB each = 16GB Laptop Memory
$27.95
Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$229.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39