Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Linksys WUSB11

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2

    Linksys WUSB11

    I'm fairly sure someone has asked this already, but can anyone tell me a really easy way to get the Linksys wusb11 or the netgear MA101 to work?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Here is what I did with my Siemens SpeedStream USB adapter (based on the Prism2 chipset):
    in /etc/networking/interfaces:
    Code:
     iface wlan0 inet dhcp
    Then I use the following commands to connect:
    Code:
    sudo su
    wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_ifstate ifstate=enable
    wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_autojoin ssid=SpeedStream authtype=opensystem
    ifup wlan0
    pump -i wlan0
    Of course you should use your own SSID instead of "SpeedStream".

    Please also see the similar thread on http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1464

    probono

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2
    I typed the stuff in, but it wouldn't let me save over the file. Does it matter that I'm running it from a CD?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    You must become root, copy the contents of the old file, then delete the old file, and create a new file in the same location where you paste the contents of the old file plus the additional new line.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    probono,

    This post was a big help to me. Thanks to you I just got my linksys wusb12 working! It's a different device but your info works just as well since it uses the same driver.

    One how do you handle encryption with these things? I turned off WEP in order to see if I could get this to work and since there was no place to enter a key code , I'm assuming that reenabling it will kill my connection.

    Thanks again for the post!

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    17
    Probono,

    I have a SPEEDSTREAM 2510 powerline router with a wireless adapter in my living room. I am utilizing a Linksys WUSB12 wireless adapter on my Desknote computer. My current setup under Windows XP accomodates both a direct ethernet cable link to my router AND a wireless link via the 2510 wireless adapter/Desknote WUSB12 adapter - albeit I don't use both simultaneously. At home I often use the ethernet cable link for large file transfers from my server and settle for the wireless link when browsing the web. At work I use the wireless link to connect to my work computer.

    I tried adding the command you recommend to the networking interface file. Then I rebooted without running the subsequent commands to activate the wireless link. I wanted to see, in the absemce of activating the wireless link, whether I would still have my ethernet cable connection. Unfortunately, that connection was dead.

    Does anyone know of a way to have both types of connections at your disposal?

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    31
    In regard to Linksys WUSB11,
    If you're starting from CD (or from Compressed Filesystem on HD) then any WUSB11 should be autodetected, I use Linksys WUSB11 version 2.6 (this version is NOT compatable with v2.5 or wlan-ng) Knoppix automatically sets-up my card and I can get on the net with no problems. Unfortuanelty, I have no idea how to make this card work on ANY other OS. Does anyone know which driver is used?

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    1
    http://at76c503a.berlios.de/ I had a little trouble getting it to work on some distros but it is a pretty good driver. Yeah I know this is an old post but people always ask this question so I figured I may as well clear it up. I'm glad that knoppix recognizes it automatically and I'm really disappointed that it's the only distro that does. I would've thought more distros would support it since almost all usb wireless lan adapters use this driver. For some reason this driver would not work at all for me on redhat, but other than that it's a great driver.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4
    to andymadigan: what knoppix version are you using? cause you said that your WUSB is automatically detected....

    Goeffrey: Does this mean that I have to do a HDD install to get the driver working?

    Thanks[/quote]

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3
    I typed in:

    lnxreq_ifstate ifstate=enable

    and it gave this error

    the cmd 'ifstate=enable' is invalid

    and this was my response:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Linksys WUSB11 v2.6.....again...sorry
    By Duncanla in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 02:25 AM
  2. Linksys WUSB11 on Knoppix 3.3 HD Install
    By phantom9820002 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2004, 02:36 PM
  3. Internet with a Linksys WUSB11
    By z3ro in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2004, 07:07 PM
  4. linksys WUSB11 ver2.8 PLEASE HELP
    By empoy in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 06:53 PM
  5. More problems with Linksys WUSB11 2.6
    By andymadigan in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2004, 11:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$545.25



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1539.00



EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC picture

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC

$115.00



Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive

$29.99