-
Junior Member
registered user
Probono,
I have a SPEEDSTREAM 2510 powerline router with a wireless adapter in my living room. I am utilizing a Linksys WUSB12 wireless adapter on my Desknote computer. My current setup under Windows XP accomodates both a direct ethernet cable link to my router AND a wireless link via the 2510 wireless adapter/Desknote WUSB12 adapter - albeit I don't use both simultaneously. At home I often use the ethernet cable link for large file transfers from my server and settle for the wireless link when browsing the web. At work I use the wireless link to connect to my work computer.
I tried adding the command you recommend to the networking interface file. Then I rebooted without running the subsequent commands to activate the wireless link. I wanted to see, in the absemce of activating the wireless link, whether I would still have my ethernet cable connection. Unfortunately, that connection was dead.
Does anyone know of a way to have both types of connections at your disposal?
Similar Threads
-
By Duncanla in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-24-2004, 02:25 AM
-
By phantom9820002 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-19-2004, 02:36 PM
-
By z3ro in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-10-2004, 07:07 PM
-
By empoy in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 06:53 PM
-
By andymadigan in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-05-2004, 11:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$125.00

Sophos SG 115 rev.3 Firewall Security Appliance SG1153BAEUS + OPNsense
$85.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$219.99

Firewalla Purple SE Cyber Security Firewall Home Business VPN…
$215.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99