-
Senior Member
registered user
@krishna.
I enjoy my 200 shares of Apple stock, but I don't own any of their products.
My shock wave seems to work ok; shows You Tube here just fine. No crashes.
It just fills .xsession-errors up in the process.
Some folks think it's a security hazard, and I wouldn't be surprised.
It doesn't sound right letting a hidden file fill up with undiagnosed
complaints.
@mecho
I hadn't ignored your first post, mecho. I just don't prefer to adress the
problem that way. I prefer to keep the error messages to remind me to look
for a more fundamental work-around. One of the posts on the 60448 threads
ought to appeal to you; it takes each complaint one-by-one from
/etc/X11/Xsession and trashes it. It does this with a simple link, which can
be undone if you change your mind. Now thats elegant. Just not my taste.
@both
You may recall I've been waiting to observe a crash I can call my own?
Looking for what tips my 2Gb Flash Knoppix over? Well, my ship just
arrived. I thought I'd see what Chromium might do for me. Tried Synaptic
and, you guessed it, no Chromium here, just a crippled system. Menu panel
and bottom icons give me enough tools to write this, but I'll have to
shut this rig down and start over again from the CD.
My suspicion all along was that these crashes were self-induced. All the
Gigabyte .xsession-errors I've read about never happened here. Like Frank,
I did it _my way_.
See you later, with a clean .xsession-errors.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book
$37.49

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99