-
Senior Member
registered user
To me, the handling of external monitors seems to be a somewhat sad story in Knoppix 6.2.*. In 6.0.1, it seemed as every combination I tried just worked, now it's more like try out and hope for the best, find workarounds as you go. Every PC/screen combination seems to be a little different, I think I have about as many adaptations as use situations now - and they are a few. And for handling this adequately in a permanent install, I would say go Debian (or Ubuntu, in my view basically a Debian derivative) .
In the general case, I have found I have to choose one display at the time, I can't always make it work to switch between them. And, like now, working on a 1920x1200 Benq monitor and an ASUS UL30VT laptop, I had to start Knoppix with the cheat codes no3d screen=1920x1200. That is, drop Compiz, and forget about using the computer screen and the external display interchangably. This is plain VGA, for other outputs I would guess it is even more complicated, and rather hardware-dependent. And because this behavior has changed so much between releases, I haven't thought it worthwhile to dig deeper into it. Going all the way down to hardware detection, initialization and graphics drivers would be necessary, I guess. Otherwise, any working hack found might just be nullified in the next release.
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$111.30

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 Raid Card 12Gbps HBA HDD Controller 9300-8i
$16.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$202.46