-

Originally Posted by
r3koob
I didn't have a hard time installing to HD, it seemed pretty straight forward and went pretty well. I looked at the "Preferences-System Settings-Display" but there is no "system settings, or display settings." I looked at monitor settings but thats just the pixel setting for the laptop monitor. I went with Knoppix because of the "smaller" install and use of limited RAM availible. I have Ubuntu loaded on another laptop and like it but when I try to install on this computer it runs slow and the video is choppy on the TV. This version of Knoppix works well on this computer, it boots fast and funs smooth but the ability to switch to the external video output is a downfall. I would switch to the alt video output perminitly if thats an option, I jsut don't know what to do to get it to switch. the computer runs well with Knoppix on it but I really need it to work with the external video output... any ideas?
Perhaps if you boot off the CD, you'll get something better. Then, as mentioned elsewhere, you can look at (or better, copy) what is done with all of the faculties of live-Knoppix.
Cheers!
Krishna
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$128.96

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08