-
Senior Member
registered user
If you did an ordinary HD install, some of the autodetection and adaptation faculties of Knoppix may have been reduced. I don't know how it is now, but I experienced something of that with HD installs of Knoppix5.X. In your situation, apart from doing a poor man's install and running from that, I think I would have checked Ubuntu, Mandriva and possible other live distros, and if they tackled the external monitor problems, I would have tried to find out how they did it. It may have to do both with hardware detection, module loading and Xorg configuration. And my experience is that Knoppix now, generally, needs to have the external monitor resolution specified at bootup.
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s
$169.99

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Apple Disk IIc A2M4050 5.25 Floppy Drive Original Box Tested Working
$144.99

Yamaha Powered Multimedia Speakers PC Desktop YST-MS25 Black Vintage
$99.00

Vintage TI-99/4A Speech Synthesizer 2 Games PHP1500 Texas Instruments SEE VIDEO
$69.99

Great Condition Vintage Tandy Portable Disk Drive 26-3808 3.5 in Floppy Drive
$179.95

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99