-
Hi Guy's. Yes, I made a right old mess of things and hadn't a clue as to how to rectify it. With hindsight I would have made a back-up pf my MBR, Grub, Lilo or whateverbefore I started. But in my haste I didn't. After I made my request for help I checked in, but there were no replies and I put it down to being Saturday. I don't know why, but I just got this mad impulse (dangerous thing at 77 years of age) and dug out my Debian disks. Placed disk one in the drive and switched on. Would you believe it, Debian came up and began to install the software. I let it run though to where it was partitioning the hard drive. Made a right mess of partitioning, as I knew I would and switched off the computer. Switched it back on again and.....Hey Presto.....there was my Win XP in all it's glory. Checked it all out and as far as I can see everything is fine. Fortunately I had copied over all my important web addresses. All I have lost are a few hundred personal address in my e-mail set-up, but this is a small price to pay. You guy's are a great encouragement and I want to thank you all for being there, ready to help in time of need. Many many thanks. Grandad.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99