-
Can't get DHCP from the router for Broadcom 440x
I'm using Quantian
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian.html
which is just based on ClusterKnoppix
http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/
(which is also based on KNOPPIX release v3.6-2004-08-16-EN.)
It can get a DHCP IP address from my router while booting in the vmware in XP.
but it cannot get the DHCP if I boot from the DVD directly.
even I did the netword-setup using dhcp or manually assigned IPs, they won't work
I've also tried to add the nameserver into /etc/resolv.conf
or even try to add eth0 manually (dhcp or static) in the /etc/network/interfaces
/etc/init.d/networking restart and tested and tested over and over
but....had no luck pinging my default gateway at all.
p.s. it did successfully found my network card: Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller, and the MAC address is correct too.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
thx!
-
Senior Member
registered user
um... i dont know if this wil work, but its worth a try...
goto the K menu, goto knoppix... and then to the menu, knoppix... and then into the sub menu network... damit, i forgot the programs name, i'm on a stupid school computer... so, i cant double check!! GRR!! anyway... on of the programs there will automatically find your DHCP and stuff like that... and then you realise your on the net going YAY!!! I am having fun...
hopefully i have been helpfull
-

Originally Posted by
chris-harry
um... i dont know if this wil work, but its worth a try...
goto the K menu, goto knoppix... and then to the menu, knoppix... and then into the sub menu network... damit, i forgot the programs name, i'm on a stupid school computer... so, i cant double check!! GRR!! anyway... on of the programs there will automatically find your DHCP and stuff like that... and then you realise your on the net going YAY!!! I am having fun...
hopefully i have been helpfull
hi chris-harry
thx for trying to help me out here, but actually I did tried that one several times, each time it tells me it fails, just like I did in command line network-setup.
-
Login as su and type
$ probmode b44

Originally Posted by
dundas
I'm using Quantian
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian.html
which is just based on ClusterKnoppix
http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/
(which is also based on KNOPPIX release v3.6-2004-08-16-EN.)
It
can get a DHCP IP address from my router while booting in the vmware in XP.
but it
cannot get the DHCP if I boot from the DVD directly.
even I did the netword-setup using dhcp or manually assigned IPs, they won't work
I've also tried to add the nameserver into /etc/resolv.conf
or even try to add eth0 manually (dhcp or static) in the /etc/network/interfaces
/etc/init.d/networking restart and tested and tested over and over
but....had no luck pinging my default gateway at all.
p.s. it did successfully found my network card:
Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller, and the MAC address is correct too.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
thx!
Similar Threads
-
By gstyle in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-21-2006, 10:44 PM
-
By frenco in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-29-2005, 08:58 AM
-
By Caspian in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 08:06 PM
-
By drekidd in forum Networking
Replies: 26
Last Post: 08-25-2004, 09:12 PM
-
By briko in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 08:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box
$299.00

Computer Board 4 Model B Quad Core 1.5GHz 2GB WiFi Bluetooth Ethernet
$208.99

AMD RYZEN 7 9800X3D 8-Core, 16-Thread Desktop Processor
$399.00

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98