-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
PattiMichell
OK, I reinstalled to my SD drive using the flash install utility - I'll test to see if it seems any faster than when I used the HD install to install to the SD drive. I think SD drives should be faster than HD's, no? One other question - should I mount other partitions, such as swap, in knoppix? I guess with the flash-style install, it's entirely self-contained, unlike the HD-style install.
Patti
OK, I tried the Flash install and did not notice the weird latency that shows up with LXDE or KDE when I do an "HD install" option - sometimes 10s of seconds elapse when the system is completely unresponsive to mouseclicks. Is this a known issue with HD install? Has anyone figured a workaround. I really prefer a non-Flash type install, but I guess it's not workable in Knoppix. I tried Kubuntu since it's also Debian, but it doesn't do anywhere near the hardware detection that Knoppix does. Is there another thread on this forum that discusses this (I can't seem to find it)?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99

Vintage 1984: Super Sketch G2300 For Atari Home Computer
$72.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 400 800 The Communicator II Kit CIB CX488 Modem Cartridge Box
$80.00

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested 48k With Original Box
$525.00

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29