-
Using Knoppix to boot Win XP
My Win XP Service Pack 3 OS stopped booting two days ago and I looked and looked for a Win XP reboot software/utility on physical CD (since I don't like downloading from sites or burning CD's). After a LOT of searching I finally decided to purchase a Knoppix CD and I hope it will at least reboot my computer so I can look at the files or backup the files to my external hd. If there's anyone else here who is also a Win XP user who has successfully done this, I'd love to hear how it went, any problems, etc. My hard drive is not partitioned and as far as I know is a single standard drive, running on a Toshiba laptop. My laptop came with a "recovery" disc which I thought was a boot disc but NO, it would have wiped out everything I haven't backed up. I didn't want that. I realize Knoppix may not be able to fix errors but I just want to get back into my system and look at it so I can start the process of putting it back into proper boot mode. Thanks, I hope to hear from anyone who has similar problems or ideas to share on this....
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

COMMODORE 250466 REPLICA BUILD | NTSC | VIC-II KAWARI | NEW CHIPS
$379.99

COMMODORE 250466 REPLICA BUILD | NTSC | VIC-II KAWARI | NEW CHIPS | #2
$379.99

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99

Vtg 128 / 64 Commodore 1541-II Computer Disk Drive in Box 5.25 Floppy (Working)
$89.99

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99