-
Dell Laptop Recovery partition (bootmgr is missing). Can Knoppix help?
I was trying to do a System Restore on my Dell Inspiron 1525 (it is running Vista), when an error popped up. It didn't say anything. It was just a red circle with white X. All I could do was click OK. Now it will not start. I keep getting a Bootmgr is missing. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.
I tried to use a Vista Recovery Disk, but it didn't sove the problem. This seems to be a big problem with Vista.
Dell doesn't send disks with the laptops. I have aksed them to mail them to me. I will have to wait and see that will really happen.
I checked (using the prompt) and I believe that the recovery partition is still there. I can get to another 1525, if necessary.
After much digging, I can find where someone used BartPE to get to a command prompt to tell the Restore Partition to image the C drive.
I have used Knoppix in the past to recover files but never to fix my computer. Can I use Knoppix to get to a command prompt to try this?
Thanks for helping out this newbie...
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14.0" 16GB 512GB, BLACK
$285.99

Lenovo 14W 14” Laptop AMD A6-9220C Radeon R5 4GB RAM 64GB eMMC Win 10 Pro
$99.99