-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
winxpuser50
...I've noticed a lot of people who have tried to burn their own cd and it's a bad burn or other glitches) so from that angle, I hope the cd itself runs okay.........I'm stressing a lot over this as I have so much that i don't want to lose off the drive and am in a time crunch,......
While many people don't follow instructions and make bad discs, problems can generally be avoided by some simple steps: check the md5 checksum of the iso before burning. Burn at low speed (I suggest 4x and never use more than 8x for CDs or 4x for DVDs), burn the iso properly "as an image" and use burning software that has the option to do a verification pass (such as Nero) and turn that option on.
The low speed burn is important and I have concern that most resellers may not be doing low speed burns. If you really have a time crunch then I suggest doing your own burn. At least that way in the unlikely event that there is a problem (and there is always a small chance of a problem with the media, no matter if you did the burn or placed an order), you will be set up to try again right away.
What you do with Knoppix after you get it is another issue. I urge people to use it to recover files from NTFS or FAT partitions, but never to trust it to write to a NTFS partition.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00

Apple Macintosh 512K 1MB MacSnap SCSI 128K ROM 800K + 400K Drive Keyboard Mouse
$995.00

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Keyboard Cable Cord - Apple Macintosh Mac 128K 512K 512Ke Plus
$12.99

Apple Macintosh M0110 Keyboard, TESTED, WORKING; for Mac 128K, 512K, Plus - DW
$71.99

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99