-
Unfortunately when I received my Knoppix CD in the mail today, I tried it and it didn't work. I talked about this in another thread as well, so don't want to be repetitious, but no matter what I tried, it wouldn't work. I set the bios to boot with the CD first, but it just ignored that and the same screens came up as before, showing "unmountable boot volume" in the blue screen which was the same error message. I discussed this on a forum at CNET and someone there said that some systems can't read from recordable discs...not sure what that means, but it would never work for me. Really discouraged about this, as I now have no other choice but to pull the drive, buy a new drive and transfer the data from one to the other which I was hoping to avoid.
I feel the disc might be at fault, and not my cd or my drive/system ....as you indicate, even a purchased CD might have been burned incorrectly and is not readable by my system. I wiped a few smudges off the disk, nothing big, so i doubt that's it. It's as if my system simply doesn't recognize the CD. I set the bios to boot from CD, and I can hear the CD starting to run but it never launches the program ....just proceeds into the usual screen I had before til
it goes to the blue screen and the whole reboot process starts over again. My CD drive is working because it was able to read/detect the Toshiba recovery disc that I had originally thought was a boot disc before getting the warning on it not to use it or it would wipe my files if they hadn't been backed up. If my cd drive was bad, it wouldn't have loaded the image file on that or recognized it, but it did. So, I really don't think it's a malfunction of my cd. I think there's some problem with the disc itself.
Unfortunately, I'm not able to burn a CD myself, since I don't have a second computer available and I don't want to use a friend's system,as they've had people mess up their settings before and just don't want anyone else using their stuff, which I respect. But that leaves me high and dry as far as making a Win XP boot disk or my own Knoppix CD or anything. If there's anything else I can do to make the Knoppix disc work before I pull my drive, etc. more feed back would be appreciated. Thank you so much!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466
$19.99

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236
$499.99

Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good
$20.59

Lot Of Apple Cords And Accessories All OEM Genuine Apple Pencil, Magsafe Power
$109.99

Genuine OEM Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable for MacBook Pro Air
$8.99

Genuine OEM Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter A1344 ~ FREE S/H
$12.99

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2
$12.99

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"
$18.00

Genuine/OEM Apple Duckhead Two-Prong Plug - MagSafe AC Wall Adapter - Set of 25
$32.29

apple oem cube 5w charger
$6.99