-
ram question
Please bear with me I am no expert but I have a question about ram persistence. After a session using knoppix live cd if I reboot (that is open and close the tray with cd) does all the info. from my previous session disappear or could there still be info. in ram? Would it be better to turn the pc off completely for awhile then restart? Thanks for any help.
-

Originally Posted by
cinephile
Please bear with me I am no expert but I have a question about ram persistence. After a session using knoppix live cd if I reboot (that is open and close the tray with cd) does all the info. from my previous session disappear or could there still be info. in ram? Would it be better to turn the pc off completely for awhile then restart? Thanks for any help.
For the extremely-security-conscious among us (not a bad thing to be), I would recommend simply turning the system off instead of shutting down. I used to always do that, just to save the time used in shutting down "cleanly", and then boot again to power up the drive so I could get my disk out. After all, the system-on-CD won't be trashed by powering off!
Cheers!
Krishna
Last edited by krishna.murphy; 06-23-2010 at 02:44 AM.
Reason: typo
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

HGST 0F23072 Deskstar NAS 6TB SATA III 7200RPM 128MB 3.5in HDD
$84.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99