-
Senior Member
registered user
udevd problems in 6.2.X? (kernel 2.6.32.6)
I have had a couple of instances of udevd losing control over itself lately. I'm not sure whether it is due to bugs or read/write errors, but it gets confused, uses all the CPU and memory, kills programs to free up memory and makes the system almost unusable. I have killed it, and restarted the daemon by issuing sudo udevd --daemon &. Everything seems to work just fine. But I'm curious as to what this is? I'm not able to see anything leading up to the situation in dmesg output. Anyone experiencing the same or similar?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 40 Cores Unlim CAL Retail License Authentic
$299.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99