-

Originally Posted by
Capricorny
As kl522 relates, there are lots of reports about udevd problems. Maybe hardware related, too. I wrote about the conflicting memtest results above. But hardware problems should show up elsewhere too, I think. And here, it seems that everything is working fine, except for udevd. I start wondering if there is some kind of slight incompatibility between Knoppix and udevd in the kernel version 2.6.1 uses.
What is 2.6.1 above? If it's the kernel, that conflicts with the starting premise embodied in the title. Perhaps you can down/up-grade udev, anyway, and see if it changes things.
Cheers!
Krishna
-
Senior Member
registered user
Code:
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ uname -a
Linux Microknoppix 2.6.32.6 #8 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jan 28 10:51:16 CET 2010 i686 GNU/Linux
Meant of course 6.2.1 with the standard kernel.
Haven't done any modifications at all - I might try to upgrade the kernel to see if the problems persist.
But, basically, I don't want to know about such things..
-

Originally Posted by
Capricorny
Code:
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ uname -a
Linux Microknoppix 2.6.32.6 #8 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jan 28 10:51:16 CET 2010 i686 GNU/Linux
Meant of course 6.2.1 with the standard kernel.
Haven't done any modifications at all - I might try to upgrade the kernel to see if the problems persist.
But, basically, I don't want to know about such things..

Okay. I try not to make a lot of assumptions, and I was just confused.
If it was my system, I'd probably just ignore it and restart as needed - but if I had a less technical person in the place who needed to be able to deal with it, it would be better if I made a script to do it and hooked that to something on the toolbar.
Cheers!
Krishna
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67

Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card
$26.21