-
Senior Member
registered user
Thank you very much!
I can now rule out my initial guess, KNOPPIX file corruption, as I have checked the md5sums from the image I use and a freshly downloaded, loop-mounted ISO image.
The results of memtest are somewhat confusing, as it aborts when run with 2x2GB modules, but finds no errors with either of them (ASUS UL30VT.
I still suspect there is some udevd bug involved, as I had similar behavior on a Dell Vostro.
Can conflicts between /etc/fstab and /etc/mtab confuse udevd? I have one, /media/sdaX is mounted as /store/local. In any case, I think restarting udevd when system is fully set up may be a good idea.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASRock B550M Steel Legend AMD Socket AM4
$125.00

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99