Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: udevd problems in 6.2.X? (kernel 2.6.32.6)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    Have you tested for hardware faults, i.e. bad memory?This is "passing strange" - maybe it's time to search bug reports for udev.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    802
    As kl522 relates, there are lots of reports about udevd problems. Maybe hardware related, too. I wrote about the conflicting memtest results above. But hardware problems should show up elsewhere too, I think. And here, it seems that everything is working fine, except for udevd. I start wondering if there is some kind of slight incompatibility between Knoppix and udevd in the kernel version 2.6.1 uses.

  3. #3
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Capricorny View Post
    As kl522 relates, there are lots of reports about udevd problems. Maybe hardware related, too. I wrote about the conflicting memtest results above. But hardware problems should show up elsewhere too, I think. And here, it seems that everything is working fine, except for udevd. I start wondering if there is some kind of slight incompatibility between Knoppix and udevd in the kernel version 2.6.1 uses.
    What is 2.6.1 above? If it's the kernel, that conflicts with the starting premise embodied in the title. Perhaps you can down/up-grade udev, anyway, and see if it changes things.

    Cheers!
    Krishna

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    802
    Code:
    knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ uname -a
    Linux Microknoppix 2.6.32.6 #8 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jan 28 10:51:16 CET 2010 i686 GNU/Linux
    Meant of course 6.2.1 with the standard kernel.

    Haven't done any modifications at all - I might try to upgrade the kernel to see if the problems persist.
    But, basically, I don't want to know about such things..

  5. #5
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Capricorny View Post
    Code:
    knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ uname -a
    Linux Microknoppix 2.6.32.6 #8 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jan 28 10:51:16 CET 2010 i686 GNU/Linux
    Meant of course 6.2.1 with the standard kernel.

    Haven't done any modifications at all - I might try to upgrade the kernel to see if the problems persist.
    But, basically, I don't want to know about such things..
    Okay. I try not to make a lot of assumptions, and I was just confused.

    If it was my system, I'd probably just ignore it and restart as needed - but if I had a less technical person in the place who needed to be able to deal with it, it would be better if I made a script to do it and hooked that to something on the toolbar.

    Cheers!
    Krishna

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX picture

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX

$69.99



Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$610.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$1111.00



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



Protectli Vault FW4C-0-8-120 - 4 port, Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB picture

Protectli Vault FW4C-0-8-120 - 4 port, Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB

$180.00