Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: udevd problems in 6.2.X? (kernel 2.6.32.6)

  1. #11
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Capricorny View Post
    As kl522 relates, there are lots of reports about udevd problems. Maybe hardware related, too. I wrote about the conflicting memtest results above. But hardware problems should show up elsewhere too, I think. And here, it seems that everything is working fine, except for udevd. I start wondering if there is some kind of slight incompatibility between Knoppix and udevd in the kernel version 2.6.1 uses.
    What is 2.6.1 above? If it's the kernel, that conflicts with the starting premise embodied in the title. Perhaps you can down/up-grade udev, anyway, and see if it changes things.

    Cheers!
    Krishna

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    802
    Code:
    knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ uname -a
    Linux Microknoppix 2.6.32.6 #8 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jan 28 10:51:16 CET 2010 i686 GNU/Linux
    Meant of course 6.2.1 with the standard kernel.

    Haven't done any modifications at all - I might try to upgrade the kernel to see if the problems persist.
    But, basically, I don't want to know about such things..

  3. #13
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Capricorny View Post
    Code:
    knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ uname -a
    Linux Microknoppix 2.6.32.6 #8 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jan 28 10:51:16 CET 2010 i686 GNU/Linux
    Meant of course 6.2.1 with the standard kernel.

    Haven't done any modifications at all - I might try to upgrade the kernel to see if the problems persist.
    But, basically, I don't want to know about such things..
    Okay. I try not to make a lot of assumptions, and I was just confused.

    If it was my system, I'd probably just ignore it and restart as needed - but if I had a less technical person in the place who needed to be able to deal with it, it would be better if I made a script to do it and hooked that to something on the toolbar.

    Cheers!
    Krishna

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TS-S01U00 picture

Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TS-S01U00

$279.00



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid picture

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid

$139.99



Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor

$249.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$144.98