-
Senior Member
registered user
Thank you very much!
I can now rule out my initial guess, KNOPPIX file corruption, as I have checked the md5sums from the image I use and a freshly downloaded, loop-mounted ISO image.
The results of memtest are somewhat confusing, as it aborts when run with 2x2GB modules, but finds no errors with either of them (ASUS UL30VT.
I still suspect there is some udevd bug involved, as I had similar behavior on a Dell Vostro.
Can conflicts between /etc/fstab and /etc/mtab confuse udevd? I have one, /media/sdaX is mounted as /store/local. In any case, I think restarting udevd when system is fully set up may be a good idea.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99