What are the entries for /dev/sda5 in /etc/fstab (and, eventually, /etc/mtab)?
I installed recently realplayer, but I am not able to mount drive using the file open menu. Gnome-mplayer is able to mount drives and is using the same browser window.
I am getting this error message:
Error mounting: mount exited with exit code 1: helper failed with:
Error opening '/dev/sda5': Permission denied
Failed to mount '/dev/sda5': Permission denied
Please check '/dev/sda5' and the ntfs-3g binary permissions,
and the mounting user ID. More explanation is provided at
http://ntfs-3g.org/support.html#unprivileged
What are the entries for /dev/sda5 in /etc/fstab (and, eventually, /etc/mtab)?
Yes, it is only with ntfs partitions. Pcmanfm mounts them just fine, but I can't mount through application. VFAT works though. I can mount VFAT using file open in any application.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
SK HYNIX 32GB 2RX4 PC4 2666V ECC SERVER RAM
$199.00
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$199.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
PARTS ONLY* Kingston Fury Renegade Pro 64GB 2x32GB DDR5 Server RAM KF556R36RB-32
$599.99
5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98