Oh, should have mentioned this is Knoppix v6.2.1.
I'd like to change the text at the persistent image creation prompt, because some of the users of my live CD find it confusing. (It gives sizes with a suffix, e.g. "400MB", but if you type the size with a suffix, image creation fails silently. I want to change the prompt to make it clear that you have to type in a pure number.) The problem is I'm having trouble finding the script responsible for doing persistent image creation. I've looked at the knoppix init scripts in /etc/init.d, and tried grepping phrases from the prompt, but haven't had any success. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Oh, should have mentioned this is Knoppix v6.2.1.
You can find the init script inside the initial ramdisk minirt.gz. If you need help to extract minirt.gz and recreate it then you should read http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_...up_script_text
Ah, thank you. I think that was the clue I needed.
Why don't you change it to accept both 400 ***AND*** 400MB ?
You can consider using sed to accomplish the job :-
Code:$ echo 400MB | sed "s/[^0-9]//g" 400By using sed, you can extract the number portion of the user input. If the user input something else other than 400MB and 400, you might want to prompt for error.Code:$ echo 400MB | sed "s/[0-9]//g" MB
Thanks for the suggestion. I may just do that. It would have the added benefit of working for any localization, too.
Here's my attempt at a patch. It now accepts "MB" and "GB" as units (non-case-sensitive) and will loop until it gets valid input, is canceled, or times out. I didn't attempt to add error messages because I only speak English, so I wouldn't be able to properly localize them.
Code:--- /mnt/sda1/knx/master/boot/isolinux/minirtdir/init 2010-07-02 12:59:57.000000000 +0000 +++ ./init 2010-07-02 12:48:10.000000000 +0000 @@ -531,12 +531,23 @@ } createdata(){ - local rc size avail + local rc size sizein sizeunits avail avail="$(df -m /mnt-system | awk '{size=$4}END{print size - 1}')" [ "$avail" -ge 200 ] 2>/dev/null || return 2 - runknoppixchroot /usr/bin/dialog --timeout 10 --inputbox "\n${CREATEIMG1}${avail}${CREATEIMG2}\n" 16 75 2>/tmp/knoppix.size; rc="$?" - read size </tmp/knoppix.size; rm -f /tmp/knoppix.size - [ "$rc" = "0" -a "$size" -ge 200 -a "$size" -le "$avail" ] 2>/dev/null || return 3 + until [ "$size" -ge 200 -a "$size" -le "$avail" ] ; do + runknoppixchroot /usr/bin/dialog --timeout 10 --inputbox "\n${CREATEIMG1}${avail}${CREATEIMG2}\n" 16 75 2>/tmp/knoppix.size; rc="$?" + read sizein </tmp/knoppix.size; rm -f /tmp/knoppix.size + [ "x$sizein" = "x" -o "$rc" != "0" ] && return 3 + size="$(echo $sizein | sed 's/[^0-9]//g')" + sizeunits="$(echo $sizein | sed 's/[^A-Za-z]//g' | awk '{print toupper($1)}')" + if [ "x$sizeunits" != "x" ] ; then + if [ $sizeunits = "GB" ] ; then + size=$(($size*1024)) + elif [ $sizeunits != "MB" ]; then + size=0 + fi + fi + done runknoppixchroot /usr/bin/dialog --yes-label "${ENCRYPT}" --no-label "${NO_ENCRYPT}" --defaultno --yesno "${QUESTION_ENCRYPT}" 16 75 2>/dev/null; rc="$?" [ -b /dev/loop0 ] || mknod -m 755 /dev/loop0 b 7 0 [ -d /KNOPPIX-DATA ] || mkdir -m 755 /KNOPPIX-DATA

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30
BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$739.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95
Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50
EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99