-

Originally Posted by
mecho
I think it has something to do with knoppix not cleaning the configuration files properly on exit. On my instalation whenever I boot on another PC, I have to manually clean fstab after boot and then issue the rebuildfstab command to regenerate proper fstab config for the drives in the new PC. May be this happens with some other configuration files too. I had no problems with xorg.conf so far or anything else, but it is a possibility
I have to disagree. My reading of this report is that this is a new user, trying to get a CD to boot. Also, any file corruption would be from a badly burned CD, or bad download, absent a persistent store, which I don't believe has been created yet in this case.
Cheers!
Krishna
-
Senior Member
registered user
Yes, you are right. I did not pay attention to the fact that it is Live CD not USB with persistent image.
-
OK, thanks. I'll try a new burn. I did md5 it and got a matching number. I used InfraRecorder to burn the image. I'll slow down the burn or try to burn using a different PC.
Thanks again!
-
Thanks for the help. As stated, it checked out with md5, so the dl was good. I ran the burn at 1.7x and got a good copy.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections
$60.00