Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: NTFS-3G instead of NTFS-3G-NG

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    198
    I am talking about NTFS-3G and the latest version of the old pcmanfm 0.5.2. Sorry for the misunderstanding I did not test the new pcmanfm2 as it is still incomplete and I did not upgrade to it

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    I installed pcmanfm 0.9.7-1 from debian testing
    and I'm not too happy with it, because

    1. Mine is missing a capability to load and tweak the desktop
    cube background in compiz that pcmanfm 0.5-3 from the
    original 6.2.1 setup; the original set-up suits me, but
    I can't change it anymore;

    2. Mine won't mount ntfs volumes, but I'd rather it didn't
    anyway, noting some comments I've seen even here;

    3. Mine has one menu selection, applications, that's a lock-up.
    I have no idea what the author had in mind; and

    4. Working with Synaptic, it looks too scary (to me) to try to
    revert to the earlier pcmanfm, because some wholesale lxde
    changes are involved.


    FWIW, I think pcmanfm and lxde have the same author.
    Also, FWIW I have ntfs-3g-ng not ntfs-3g. If that's not the
    6.2.1 original, then this change must have occurred unbidden
    with the 'upgrade' to pcmanfm 0.9.7-1.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 15.6 i7-1260P 16GB 1TB SSD Laptop FAST SHIP picture

Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 15.6 i7-1260P 16GB 1TB SSD Laptop FAST SHIP

$349.99