I am talking about NTFS-3G and the latest version of the old pcmanfm 0.5.2. Sorry for the misunderstanding I did not test the new pcmanfm2 as it is still incomplete and I did not upgrade to it
As a side note, you know what the pcmanfm 0.9.7 is still kind of odd, after you eject the removable media, the right hand side is still displaying the icons of the files on the ejected volume.
I read somewhere that the author of pcmanfm is a full time medical doctor. Kind of interesting.![]()
I am talking about NTFS-3G and the latest version of the old pcmanfm 0.5.2. Sorry for the misunderstanding I did not test the new pcmanfm2 as it is still incomplete and I did not upgrade to it
I installed pcmanfm 0.9.7-1 from debian testing
and I'm not too happy with it, because
1. Mine is missing a capability to load and tweak the desktop
cube background in compiz that pcmanfm 0.5-3 from the
original 6.2.1 setup; the original set-up suits me, but
I can't change it anymore;
2. Mine won't mount ntfs volumes, but I'd rather it didn't
anyway, noting some comments I've seen even here;
3. Mine has one menu selection, applications, that's a lock-up.
I have no idea what the author had in mind; and
4. Working with Synaptic, it looks too scary (to me) to try to
revert to the earlier pcmanfm, because some wholesale lxde
changes are involved.
FWIW, I think pcmanfm and lxde have the same author.
Also, FWIW I have ntfs-3g-ng not ntfs-3g. If that's not the
6.2.1 original, then this change must have occurred unbidden
with the 'upgrade' to pcmanfm 0.9.7-1.
I think you are missing the point of this thread. It is about upgrading ntfs-3g. The version of ntfs-3g with the suffix ng is not upgradeable that's why I was looking for a way to change to the original ntfs-3g supported by tuxera and updated regularly. Since it is a crucial driver it is very important to get all the updates that released.
You can revert back to the old pcmanfm - just download it from debian and use dpkg -i to install it over the new one.I don't think you will encounter any problems
For anyone who wants to revert back to the old pcmanfm here is a link to the latest pcmanfm1 version
http://universo.canaima.softwarelibr...029-1_i386.deb
Notice 0.5-3 is older version then 0.5.2
This is about the only link I can find for the latest pcmanfm1 updated in 31-october-2009.This is the one I am using too
OK sorry I am the one who bring in the topic of pcmanfm2. But I have my reason :-
pcmanfm there is no more development on it, it's buggy and very "unpredictable" - it's as bad as 'ntfs-ng'. So if you are using 'pcmanfm' with 'ntfs-ng', it's bad combined with bad. I am using pcmanfm2, despite making noise about it, I think it's still better than pcmanfm.
Next. The older and dead program for mounting ntfs is called 'ntfs-ng', it's not called 'ntfs-3g-ng'. There is no 'ntfs-3g-ng'.
'ntfs-ng' = second generation
'ntfs-3g' = third generation
Depends on the knoppix version you are using - in 6.2 it is called ntfs-3g-ng
Anyway I tried the new pcmanfm and I found it to be still very buggy,so I went back to the old one, which works perfect for me. I can wait a while longer until the new ones becomes stable enough
Last edited by mecho; 07-24-2010 at 11:39 PM.
And I am sorry Utu and kl522 - I did not mean to offend anyone. Probably the way I express myself in english sounds a bit strange. My personal apologies to both of you if you felt offended in any way. I certainly did not mean to

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99
Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer
$649.95
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
Rare Vintage DEC DIGITAL DFO3 modem ~Powers Up but UNTESTED #1
$75.00
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99