Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Trouble playing mp4 video

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423
    I assume that 'I got it working' means you can now play the said video file correctly. With this addition, you should be also be able to play real video (.rmvb) and many other video formats.

  2. #12
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    No joy, I guess. This what I get with a boot without my p.s.:
    Code:
    knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ mplayer -vc help |grep 264
    ffh264      ffmpeg    working   FFmpeg H.264  [h264]
    ffh264vdpau ffmpeg    working   FFmpeg H.264 (VDPAU)  [h264_vdpau]
    vssh264     dshow     working   VSS H.264 New  [vsshdsd.dll]
    vssh264old  vfw       working   VSS H.264 Old  [vssh264.dll]
    
    knoppix@Microknoppix:~$

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423
    I have different views on the output of 'mplayer -vc help' now. I think it is just tell us what is the status of the codec support from the developers point of view. It does not mean the software actually performs tests to check if it is working. In other words, the output of the command is fixed for a particular version of 'mplayer'. It is not a site specific output.

  4. #14
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528

    Unhappy Still not all the codecs needed are installed...

    Here's what SMPlayer says my movie is:
    Code:
    Video Resolution  624 x 352
    Aspect ratio         1.7727
    Format                XVID
    Bitrate                 997 kbps
    Frames per second      23.976
    Selected codec     ffodivx
    I get a blank screen, but the sound's good; anybody got a clue as to what codec I need, and where to get it?

    Krishna

  5. #15
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    198
    I am using w32codecs package and I just did a mp4 test at http://www.yo-yo.org/mp4/ - It worked just fine using SMPlayer

  6. #16
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528

    Smile Oops!

    Quote Originally Posted by mecho View Post
    I am using w32codecs package and I just did a mp4 test at http://www.yo-yo.org/mp4/ - It worked just fine using SMPlayer
    Well, I tried the first one and it didn't work, either; the one I sent data on was an AVI file, so more questionable. I rebooted - problem gone.

    Ciao!
    Krishna

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339 picture

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339

$39.99



Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished picture

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished

$44.99



COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4 picture

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4

$169.95



Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY picture

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY

$94.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$69.99



Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10 picture

Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10

$1505.77



Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested* picture

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*

$32.99



Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU

$99.99



PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU picture

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU

$15.99



Intel Core Ultra 5 250K Plus Desktop Processor - 18 cores (6P+12E) LGA 1851 picture

Intel Core Ultra 5 250K Plus Desktop Processor - 18 cores (6P+12E) LGA 1851

$189.99