-
Multi-monitor on a single integrated graphics card?
I'm working on setting up a system with a little mini-itx board. I need it to clone onto 2 screens, and this thing is encrusted with ports.. (svideo, dvi, hdmi, vga).. I assumed it would be easy.
When I plug in anything to this machine, a basic xorg will spit video out onto vga, hdmi and dvi just fine, but only one at a time. There seems to be some kind of hierarchy where one output disables another.
In the past, I've built this kind of thing with a custom written xorg.config but the systems always had multiple video cards. (one on board and one in a slot)
Would on board video capable of multi-monitor support show up in lspci as multiple devices? Or should I be trying to build an xorg that has monitors and screens that share a device section?
Here's my lspci:
Code:
00:00.0 Host bridge: nVidia Corporation Device 0a82 (rev b1)
00:00.1 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation Device 0a88 (rev b1)
00:03.0 ISA bridge: nVidia Corporation Device 0aad (rev b2)
00:03.1 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation Device 0aa4 (rev b1)
00:03.2 SMBus: nVidia Corporation Device 0aa2 (rev b1)
00:03.3 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation Device 0a89 (rev b1)
00:03.5 Co-processor: nVidia Corporation Device 0aa3 (rev b1)
00:04.0 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation Device 0aa5 (rev b1)
00:04.1 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation Device 0aa6 (rev b1)
00:06.0 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation Device 0aa7 (rev b1)
00:06.1 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation Device 0aa9 (rev b1)
00:08.0 Audio device: nVidia Corporation Device 0ac0 (rev b1)
00:09.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation Device 0aab (rev b1)
00:0a.0 Ethernet controller: nVidia Corporation MCP79 Ethernet (rev b1)
00:0b.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation Device 0ab4 (rev b1)
00:0c.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation Device 0ac4 (rev b1)
00:10.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation Device 0aa0 (rev b1)
00:15.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation Device 0ac6 (rev b1)
00:16.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation Device 0ac7 (rev b1)
00:17.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation Device 0ac7 (rev b1)
00:18.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation Device 0ac7 (rev b1)
03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Device 087d (rev b1)
As you can see, I'm pretty sure the only thing I've got is the last line.
The other symptom I've got is that xrandr -q does nothing but "Can't open display"
any ideas?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

MSI Z590 Gaming Edge Wifi LGA 1200 mATX Intel DDR4 Motherboard
$175.00

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99