-
PXE: how to pack the KNOPPIX image in initrd file?
Hello everybody.
I'm making a PXE (Pre Execution Environment) server and I want to provide a Knoppix image to my stations trough this protocol.
I've already done this before, but using DSL and now I want to do this using Knoppix 6.2
My doubt is: how to put the KNOPPIX image in initrd file?
Regards, allanwiese.
-
One option is to simply run Knoppix, then start the Knoppix Terminal Server located on the main menu under Preferences. Once that's running, any system on that IP network can PXE boot and access the resources of Knoppix (even a $20 client box bought on Ebay.)
Cheers!
Krishna
-
Thanks by your reply krishna.murphy.
But my server won't be a Knoppix one. I'm using Debian Lenny to provide the image. I'm just trying to make the Knoppix bootable by network.
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00