Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix 6.2 Verbose Boot?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1

    Knoppix 6.2 Verbose Boot?

    One of the things I miss about the older versions of Knoppix is the verbose mode of booting where I see the hardware as Knoppix is discovering it. Is there a way I can still display this information at boot time? The information displayed is very minimal compared to the older versions.

    I used to use Knoppix heavily for diagnostic issues, but it's not as useful for that without the verbose boot screen...

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rch4ngel View Post
    One of the things I miss about the older versions of Knoppix is the verbose mode of booting where I see the hardware as Knoppix is discovering it. Is there a way I can still display this information at boot time? The information displayed is very minimal compared to the older versions.

    I used to use Knoppix heavily for diagnostic issues, but it's not as useful for that without the verbose boot screen...
    Hey-

    I got this from the cheatcodes; have you tried it?
    Code:
    knoppix trace
    Cheers!
    Krishna

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1

    Knoppix 6.2 Verbose Boot?

    Hello,
    And how could you put this in menu.lst
    Or can't?
    Thank you.
    Alix.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600

$239.99



Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB SAS 12Gb ST4000NM0025 7200 512n 3.5 HDD picture

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB SAS 12Gb ST4000NM0025 7200 512n 3.5 HDD

$48.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive picture

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD

$339.00



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



Dell Enterprise Plus Exos X10 10TB 3.5

Dell Enterprise Plus Exos X10 10TB 3.5" SAS HDD ST10000NM0276 100%-Wiped/Tested

$174.99