-
Junior Member
registered user
HD install intermittant latency?
After installing Knoppix 6.2 to HD (an SD drive, actually, but using the HD install utility) it seems oddly latent at times, as if it's still decompressing, recompressing kernel components or something. I've tried both KDE and LXDE - it's the same. SD drives are much faster than that. Is there a setting I can change to stop that sort of behavior? This is the only problem I've discovered so far with Knoppix - it's a great distro otherwise!
Also, should I mount /tmp to a hard drive so that I don't wear out the SD drive unnecessarily? (I've already set /swap to the SATA hard drive swap file of my OpenSuSE installation)
Also, looking for 6.3 DVD but can't find it.
TIA - PattiMichelle
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99