-
Can't Boot off of Pen Drive on a Dell Turion 64
Greetings Knoppix Forums,
I am a fan of Knoppix.
Recently I installed 6.2.1 to a 4Gb pen drive.
It boots and runs flawlessly on my old Dell Pentium M's.
However it has a fatal issue with my newer Dell Turion 64 about 2 seconds into boot. I tried booting failsafe and without hardware detection to no avail.
Linux Kernel 2.6.32.6, 1895 MB RAM
CPU 0: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 @ 1994MHz, 512 KB Cache
Knoppix 6 found at: /dev/sda1
. . .
insmod: cannot insert ' /mnt-system/KNOPPIX/modules/cloop.ko': Invalid module format (-1): Exec format error
Could not mount /mnt-system/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX. Starting debugging Shell . . .
sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
(Guess that is an obvious enough message from sh.)
I have been using and tinkering with Debian for 5 or 6 years but I am not real techie so I am hopping for some pointers!
Regards,
Freeman
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99