-
Lost Windows Partition
I recently downloaded Knoppix for assistance with a Windows issue. My 40GB Windows drive was not responding to the OS so I decided to put reinstall XP with a disk other than my HP recovery disk. In doing so, the partition table (FAT32 i believe) for a small but important partition was lost. Having started a forensics class I chose to DL Knoppix (my first Linux experience) to try to recover the partition. I created a Live DVD, ran Knoppix and looked around a little. I found an old restore point (that could possibly include the partition) on the windows drive but no secondary partition. What tool within Knoppix could I use to assist in finding and recover this lost partition?
Side note, I very much enjoy Knoppix so far and could definitely see a switch eventually.
Thank you in advance for the help,
Brian
-
Lost Partition
I just started using Knoppix (love it so far) and have a question about partition recovery. I have a Windows drive that wouldn't recognize the OS, so I installed XP using another install disk. In doing so, I lost a FAT32 partition that had some data that I want to recover. I DLed Knoppix and created a Live DVD and started the laptop. I was able to find an old restore point but no the old partition. Where/How should I look for the partition?
Secondly, Knoppix is my first experience with Linux and I like it so far. Definitely considering switching at least on machine to have a diverse environment.
Thank you,
Brian
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$12.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01