-
Lost Windows Partition
I recently downloaded Knoppix for assistance with a Windows issue. My 40GB Windows drive was not responding to the OS so I decided to put reinstall XP with a disk other than my HP recovery disk. In doing so, the partition table (FAT32 i believe) for a small but important partition was lost. Having started a forensics class I chose to DL Knoppix (my first Linux experience) to try to recover the partition. I created a Live DVD, ran Knoppix and looked around a little. I found an old restore point (that could possibly include the partition) on the windows drive but no secondary partition. What tool within Knoppix could I use to assist in finding and recover this lost partition?
Side note, I very much enjoy Knoppix so far and could definitely see a switch eventually.
Thank you in advance for the help,
Brian
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore SX-64 Personal Computer
$600.00

BitBinders 1581DV Dual 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive for Commodore 8-Bit Computers READ
$429.00

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Vintage Commodore 128 -Tested-As Is No Cables, console only -READ DESCRIPTION
$165.00

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

Vtg 128 / 64 Commodore 1541-II Computer Disk Drive in Box 5.25 Floppy (Working)
$89.99

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99