-
Can't Boot off of Pen Drive on a Dell Turion 64
Greetings Knoppix Forums,
I am a fan of Knoppix.
Recently I installed 6.2.1 to a 4Gb pen drive.
It boots and runs flawlessly on my old Dell Pentium M's.
However it has a fatal issue with my newer Dell Turion 64 about 2 seconds into boot. I tried booting failsafe and without hardware detection to no avail.
Linux Kernel 2.6.32.6, 1895 MB RAM
CPU 0: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 @ 1994MHz, 512 KB Cache
Knoppix 6 found at: /dev/sda1
. . .
insmod: cannot insert ' /mnt-system/KNOPPIX/modules/cloop.ko': Invalid module format (-1): Exec format error
Could not mount /mnt-system/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX. Starting debugging Shell . . .
sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
(Guess that is an obvious enough message from sh.)
I have been using and tinkering with Debian for 5 or 6 years but I am not real techie so I am hopping for some pointers!
Regards,
Freeman
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS
$67.99

Intel Core Ultra 9 CPU 285K 24 cores (8 P-cores + 16 E-cores) up to 5.7 Ghz
$475.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Intel Core [email protected] GHz SRMBM Socket FCLGA1700 Processor
$159.99

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99

Intel Core i7-8700K 8th Gen 6-Core 3.70GHz LGA1151 CPU SR3QR
$55.00