Greetings Knoppix Forums,
I am a fan of Knoppix.
Recently I installed 6.2.1 to a 4Gb pen drive.
It boots and runs flawlessly on my old Dell Pentium M's.
However it has a fatal issue with my newer Dell Turion 64 about 2 seconds into boot. I tried booting failsafe and without hardware detection to no avail.
(Guess that is an obvious enough message from sh.)Linux Kernel 2.6.32.6, 1895 MB RAM
CPU 0: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 @ 1994MHz, 512 KB Cache
Knoppix 6 found at: /dev/sda1
. . .
insmod: cannot insert ' /mnt-system/KNOPPIX/modules/cloop.ko': Invalid module format (-1): Exec format error
Could not mount /mnt-system/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX. Starting debugging Shell . . .
sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
I have been using and tinkering with Debian for 5 or 6 years but I am not real techie so I am hopping for some pointers!
Regards,
Freeman
Yep. Right in front of my face.
So I searched my Vista partition for Knoppix. But /dev/sda1 was a hidden 48MB partition with a failed install that must have been a mistaken attempt during install to Pen Drive. I had to un-hide it /dev/sda1 with gparted because Vista is, well, Vista.
All is good. Knoppix rocks!
Thanks!![]()

Vintage 1993 AMIBIOS 486DX American Megatrends PC Computer Works
$379.00
Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s
$169.99
LOT of 4 Intel/AMD R80188 80188 R80186 80186 vintage CPU GOLD/Ceramic
$59.99
Dell Inspiron E1505 Vintage Laptop – Windows XP – Working
$50.00
Vintage Computer Parts Lot -8 PC3 4GB Ram Dual HDMI Graphics Card 4 Port 3.0 USB
$50.00
Nicolet Magnetics Corp. Vintage Microwave Circuit Board
$175.00
Vintage 80s Ibm Compatible PC TECH computer Tower W/ Turbo See Video Powers Up
$199.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage 1980s Octek EG-3000 EGA card - Not Tested
$70.00
Vintage Core CL9 Master Universal Remote Control Steve Wozniak (Apple) READ
$988.88