Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Can't Boot off of Pen Drive on a Dell Turion 64

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northwest U.S.
    Posts
    30

    Can't Boot off of Pen Drive on a Dell Turion 64

    Greetings Knoppix Forums,

    I am a fan of Knoppix.

    Recently I installed 6.2.1 to a 4Gb pen drive.

    It boots and runs flawlessly on my old Dell Pentium M's.

    However it has a fatal issue with my newer Dell Turion 64 about 2 seconds into boot. I tried booting failsafe and without hardware detection to no avail.
    Linux Kernel 2.6.32.6, 1895 MB RAM
    CPU 0: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 @ 1994MHz, 512 KB Cache
    Knoppix 6 found at: /dev/sda1
    . . .
    insmod: cannot insert ' /mnt-system/KNOPPIX/modules/cloop.ko': Invalid module format (-1): Exec format error

    Could not mount /mnt-system/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX. Starting debugging Shell . . .
    sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
    (Guess that is an obvious enough message from sh.)

    I have been using and tinkering with Debian for 5 or 6 years but I am not real techie so I am hopping for some pointers!

    Regards,
    Freeman

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by evenso View Post
    I am a fan of Knoppix.
    By any chance you have another copy of KNOPPIX ( different version ) residing say on your harddisk ?

    The error usuallly means the cloop module found on /dev/sda1 is not compatible with the kernel. On my computer, sda1 is my harddisk partition. My flash is sdb1.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northwest U.S.
    Posts
    30

    Can't Boot off of Pen Drive on a Dell Turion 64 [Solved]

    Yep. Right in front of my face.

    So I searched my Vista partition for Knoppix. But /dev/sda1 was a hidden 48MB partition with a failed install that must have been a mistaken attempt during install to Pen Drive. I had to un-hide it /dev/sda1 with gparted because Vista is, well, Vista.

    All is good. Knoppix rocks!

    Thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$10499.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p

$89.99



Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact  Switch picture

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch

$179.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$361.91



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99